Save the earth a little every day
Many of us are guilty of going about our daily lives without giving a thought to how we are damaging the planet. Simple things like using plastic bags, not recycling or even leaving the fridge door open is having a huge effect on our planet. Let’s start having a conscience and save the earth a little every day.
Here’s 12 simple tips to help you live lightly on the earth and save money at the same time.
1. Use tap water instead of bottled water. This will save you money and the planet at the same time.
2. Buy Fairtrade products when you can. By doing this it directly helps farmers in the south by providing them with decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade.
3. Unplug appliances when you are not using them. We are all guilty of leaving our televisions and phone chargers plugged in but by unplugging you are saving energy and money.
4. Don’t leave your fridge door opened. Leaving it opened for more than 30 seconds will use energy and money.
5. Use reusable bags and ditch plastic bags – plastic bags are not bio degradable and take years to break down in landfill. Replace your plastic bags with this new re-usable bag EcoHandle.
6. Don’t keep the tap running when you are brushing your teeth. This will save water and will lower your water bills too.
7. Always carry a bag with you in case you decide to buy something like this small stylish EcoHandle. This will help decrease the amount of plastic bags used and will not only save our planet but also our wildlife.
8. Wash your clothes at 40° or less. By doing so you will be using 3 times less electricity than if you washed your clothes at 90°.
9. Walk or cycle to work or when you can. This will reduce your carbon footprint and will also help you keep fit.
10. Buy locally produced products to create local jobs, encourage local business and save your petrol money. Buying goods that are produced in far locations creates more pollution due to the added resources required to get the goods to us.
11. When buying food, choose products that have the least packaging or products that have recyclable packaging.
12. Buy recycled paper and toilet paper at all times. It takes much less energy to produce recycled paper and reduces the amount of paper ending up in landfill.
I hope you can follow these simple steps to save the earth a little every day.
There are currently no comments on this post - be the first to comment using the form below.